Thursday, May 29, 2008

Upper Body Growth Day 5/29

One day before my 21st Bday :)
Today was a very long day, one of those days where you don't stop moving. I did not let that stop me from getting one step closer to my goal. I managed to pull myself together to get my butt in the gym to lift hard and I am glad i did. Here's my workout

Bent Over Barbell Rows
185 x 15 reps

T-Bar Rows
4 plates x 12 reps

Behind the Neck Pullups (a forgotten exercise that works the back very well)
3 sets of Bodyweight to failure

Barbell Pullovers
115lbs x 15 reps (Felt alittle pull in my elbow with this so I will change the bar to the EZ-Barbell)

Incline Cable Flyes
5 x 8 reps (The 5 is the number on the cable machine)

Incline DB Press
85 x 10

Hammer Strength Press
225 x 11 (feeling stronger on these)

Barbell Military Press
135 x 12 (too easy)

Machine Shoulder Press
120 x 12 (too easy again)

Seated Barbell Curl
110 x 8 (I was suppose to go for 100 x 8 but i couldnt find the 100 and i just took the 110's :D )
Supersetted with
Reverse Grip Bench Press
155 x 8 reps (felt really easy, good squeeze on top)

Machine Preacher Curls
120 x 6
Supersetted with
DB Skull Crushers
45 x 6

Notes: I had the most unbelievable pump today. I manage to push past my long day, zone out and reach new levels today.....I was squeezing my biceps so hard today on Machine Preacher curls that I think finally my biceps are starting to respond. I see a difference in them already.....Today I also started doing flyes before Press for chest to try and pre-exhaust my chest muscles to grow. This seems to really help warm-up my chest and it seems to stop my shoulders from overpowering my chest....I hope my little experiment with chest works well for me, it might just be the missing link I need to getting a world class chest! But once again I will only be doing this "pre-exhaust" movement on my Growth days.

Take away message: You must be able to completely kind of zone out when it comes time to get the job done in the gym. It does not matter if you had the worst day in your life, you have to kind of bury things temporarily in order to be successful. At the end of the day when you know you pushed yourself beyond your normal limits you know you are that one step closer to achieving greatness!!!

Recipe of the Day:
This is a great little tip i use to flavor bland egg whites
add 1-2 packets of splenda and about 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon to your egg whites and make an egg white omelet.......Don't thank me until you tried it!!!