Monday, October 6, 2008

10-6-2008 Back, Biceps

The Workout

5 min warmup
Deadlifts- 4-6 Warmup set- **1 Strength set** 350lbs for 6 reps (was shooting for 9 reps but i ripped a callus off my hand (nasty sight!)
**1 back down set of 245lbs for 12 reps**
Breathing DB Pullover **1 workset**
Pullups- 2 sets of bw + 5 for 10 reps
Barbell Bent Over Row- 2 sets 195lbs for 6 reps
Seated DB Shrugs- 2 sets of 70lbs for 8 reps
EZ-Barbell Curls- 2 sets of 95lbs for 10 reps
Reverse Curls- 2 set of 65lbs for 12 reps
Static Contraction Deadlift- 225lbs held for 45seconds
**Various Rotator Cuff Exercises**

Macros
Pro: 230g
Carbs: 375g
Fat: 60g

Current Supplements
-Creatine -5g
-Xtend (1 scoop PreWO, 2 scoops PWO & 1 scoop btwn meals)
-ALA- 300mg before and after workout
-VasoCharge 2 Scoops Pre-Workout
-Beta-Alanine- 3 grams daily
-Glucosamine- 3 tablets daily
-Fish Oil- 3 tablets daily
-BSN Nitrix- 9 tabs per day
-Calcium, Magnesium & Zinc

Notes
Good solid session today, I was alittle rushed for time but still managed to hit it hard....I destroyed a callus on my hand performing deadlifts which made it very difficult to deadlift....i might have to start using straps until my grip strength catches up to my deadlifts

As a side note...Jim Cordova's world seminar was awesome....i learned so much...Jim is a great natural athlete and i will definately be utilizing alot of his techinques

I attached a pic of me and Jim.....Hard to believe that Jim is about 165lbs!!!!