Sunday, July 27, 2008

Catching up on Events

Friday 7/25
Well as most of you know....this injury has prevented me from competing in a virtual powerlifting....Today was suppose to be the day i lift with one of my good friends/client....Yury Katsman. I have known Yury for about 13 years and for as long as i have known him he is far from being "fit". I approached him with the idea of doing a virtual powerlifting meet with me, he gladly welcome the idea and joined. Now since i was unable to compete due to my injury i am happy to say that Yury still competed and did very well. I set him up with a routine to build up some strength and gain some muscle. This is the first time i ever seen Yury on a consistent workout routine.....He did very well in his meet and i could not be more proud of him taking one more step toward getting healthier and the next time we do a virtual powerlifting meet again he has vowed to be all his lifts!

Yury's Final Lift Amounts
Squats
405lbs

Deadlifts
365lbs

Bench Press
225lbs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/26 Saturday Back and Shoulders

This workout was very instinctual and i went by feel

Pullups
Bent Over Rows 4 sets
Deadlifts 4 sets
Lateral Raises 4 sets
Rear Delt Raises 4 sets
Light Shrugs 4 sets

I have been avoiding any kind of shoulder press as they gve me the most trouble...but other then that everything is good to go

---------------------------------------------------------------------
7/27 Cardio Day

Am session
Light Legs
15 HIIT Sprints 45 light/ 15 seconds hard
5 min cooldown


PM Session
Heavy Ab Circuit
30 minutes of Low Intensity Cardio HR @ 140-150 bpm