Wednesday, September 24, 2008

9-24-2008 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

The Workout

5 min warmup
Barbell Bench Press- 4-6 Warmup set- **1 main workset** 180lbs for 11 reps
Breathing DB Pullover **1 workset**
Incline DB Bench- 2 sets of 60lbs for 8 reps
Dips- 2 sets bw + 10lbs for 10 reps (i overshot this and got 10 instead of my intended 6 oops lol)
Barbell Military Press- 1 sets for 8 reps
DB Side Laterals - 1 set 30lbs for 12 reps
DB Rear Laterals- 1 set of 25lbs for 15 reps
EZ-Barbell SkullCrushers- 2 sets of 115lbs for 6 reps
Reverse Grip Cable Pushdown- 1 set of 60lbs for 15 reps
**Various Rotator Cuff Exercises**

Macros
Pro: 225g
Carbs: 375g
Fat: 60g

Current Supplements
-Ian King Creatine Loading Experiment- Week 5 -30g
-Xtend (1 scoop PreWO, 2 scoops PWO & 1 scoop btwn meals)
-ALA- 300mg before and after workout
-VasoCharge 2 Scoops Pre-Workout
-Beta-Alanine- 3 grams daily
-Glucosamine- 3 tablets daily
-Fish Oil- 3 tablets daily
-BSN Nitrix- 9 tabs per day
-Calcium, Magnesium & Zinc

Notes
Well some funny news to report lol my left shoulder the one that has been bothering me is progressing really well but today after dips the right shoulder is hurting lol

a while back i sprained my ac joints doing heavy dips i was doing 135lbs, so after that set back i decided to stop doing dips
so now adding dips back in again i told myself i was going to go slow in working my way up in weight....hence the 10lbs today.....but when i got off the dip station i felt that same sprain again.....i realized that the problem is not the amount of weight i am using but my form.....on the last rep of the last rep i tried to get an "extra" stretch in the chest by letting myself sink down deeper and thats what did it....its about mid-day right now and the strain seemed to have gone away....(i iced it as soon as i got home)

so for next week i will focus more on getting a better contraction rather then a stretch
and another thing to note is to keep the weighted belt chain with the weight closer to my thighs so i can squeeze the weight btwn my thighs giving me alittle more control and less of the weight swinging

another note
i got my mri appointment finally today at 6....so i will hopefully have a plan of attack to heal myself when i come back home!
__________________