Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Setting the Bar High

Ok time to get myself to that next level, NO MORE SPINNING MY WHEELS!

For the first time ever I am going to set some strength goals. I believe this was a big mistake in my previous training. I got stronger by adding weight to the bar, but i never really tracked anything

For me to get myself to a higher level i must get my body stronger as a whole.....Move some serious weight in all the "core" movements, cut back the volume on the isolation exercises and my body will have no choice but to grow! In the past i have done way to much isolation crap and wasted a ton of energy...Thats why cutting that out and focusing more on the short term goals in some exercises will be better

With that said here are my strength goals

14 weeks from now
Bench 300
Squat 425
Deadlift 455
Weighted Dips- Bodyweight +90lbs for 2 sets with a solid 5 reps
Weighted Chins- Bodyweight + 45lbs for 2 sets with a solid 5 reps

By May of Next Year
Weighted Dips- Bodyweight + 150lbs for 2 sets with a solid 5 reps
Weighted Chins- Bodyweight + 100lbs for 2 sets with a solid 5 reps

2 Years from Now
Bench 400
Squat 550

Ultimate Goal
Squat 650
Bench 500

Main Overall Goal- Get to these goals while remaining injury free....and performing these exercises in good controled form!

These goals should be all within my limits....If i go about it correctly, i may have overshot/ undershot some of these goals

But at least it gives me something to hit!

But i thought you were a bodybuilder Anthony, Shouldn't you just be training for size?
-I am a bodybuilder and strength is not my main goal but in order to get a muscle bigger you must progressively overload it. If i increase my bench by 100lbs my muscle have no choice but to grow to compensate for the weight! Plus increasing my core lifts will make me stronger overall which will allow me to handle more weight in other exercises

My journey starts in 2 weeks after im done deloading!!!! Lets get it!!!