Wednesday, September 3, 2008

9/3/2008 Push Day @ 55% deload

Workout
Barbell Bench Press- plenty of warmups 1 set stopping at 10 reps

Slight Incline DB Press- 2 sets of 8 reps

Dips- 2 sets of 12 (with dips i try to focus on my pecs but have a problem leaning forward so what i did was took the chain from the dipping belt placed it around my neck with a 5lbs plate on it....so the little extra weight forces me to practice leaning more forward....this worked great!)

DB Lateral Raises- 2 sets of 12 reps

DB Rear Lateral Raises- 1 set of 15 reps

Ez-Barbell Skullcrushers- 2 sets of 6 reps

Reverse-Grip Tricep Pushdowns- 1 set of 12 reps

Dynamic Stretches for the shoulder (This are helping me recover so much)
I do them like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNilld58tks

i have been doing them once in the morning and once at night

Notes:
Deloading days are boring....but are very much necessary especially with my shoulder

Weight
175.5 (up 1.5lbs since Sunday but this is water weight from creatine)

Supplements
I am trying a new method of loading creatine....Ian Kings method

Ian King’s Creatine Loading Protocol for those who have not experienced the expected gains from creatine usage. We have seen 100% desired response to Creatine with this method.
Wk No. Daily Dosage (grams)
1 10 (2 scoops)
2 20
3 30
4 40
5 40
6 30
7 20
8 10
Average daily dose: 25 gms

so far on week 2....and my stomach is in knots....my muscles are alot fuller but i am holding a lot of water

i am still lean and have been on my diet ever since the monday after my contest....so i believe this is a good way to stay lean while staying strong in the gym

I will keep everyone posted on the results