Monday, September 1, 2008

New Article for my site

I just submitted this article to my webguy...should be on my site within a few days

Dieting 101
By Anthony Bevilacqua

I hear it day in and day out, “How many grams of protein should I consume? Are carbs necessary to lose weight? What percent should my protein intake be?” Sound familiar? How many of you wonder on the “correct” way to diet, or the magical types of foods you should be consuming to lose weight? My answer to you is, THERE IS NO MAGICAL NUMBERS OR FOODS YOU SHOULD BE EATING! That’s right dieting does not have to be a difficult process. Basically it all comes down to how many calories you are consuming versus how many calories you are burning through out the day.
With that being said if you ate cake and ice cream all day long that is not a good way to lead a healthy lifestyle. You need a fine balance between protein, carbs and fats. I know there are many “gurus” out there who claim you need to eat grilled chicken, tuna and eggs whites every 3 hours to lose bodyfat or gain muscle. I am challenging these gurus. Without getting deep into the scientific wording, your body does not see the type of foods you are eating. It only sees protein, carbs, fats, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, etc. Your body does not say “ok here is a piece of grilled chicken, let’s burn fat now”. Healthy eating can be very enjoyable once you knock these notions and get some variety in your life.
Healthy eating is a numbers game basically. You need to make sure you hit your daily amount of proteins, carbs and fats. As long as you stay within the numbers given you can basically eat whatever you’d like. I dieted for 17 weeks for my last natural bodybuilding contest and basically I ate whatever I wanted. A sample of my diet for those 17 weeks were Lean Cusine Pizza, Ground Beef, Bagels, various cereals, Turkey and cheese sandwiches, low-fat ice cream etc. Not the typical bodybuilder diet but it worked perfectly. I brought my bodyfat down from 15% all the way down to a stage ready 3%. I constantly hit my allowed numbers for the day and just plugged away at my training. I managed to revamp my physique in a short period of time.
Taking on this type of nutritional program has made it easy to maintain my diet daily. While transitioning being cutting and bulking has been easier then it has been in the past. I feel less likely to cheat and “binge”, which was a problem for me in the past. Binge eating even once a week can totally destroy a whole week’s worth of dieting! So stop those weekly binges, destroying your hard-earned work in the gym and try to adapt this method!
Your body is an effective machine and I believe the more variety to your healthy eating plan the more success you will have. The less likely you will feel the need to binge on “bad” foods and the more likely you will stick to the task at hand. Posted below are my actual results, as the saying goes “The proof is in the pudding”. I have many successful clients using this method and absolutely loving it. They do not feel restricted and feel free with their eating. Healthy eating has to be a lifestyle change not something you do for 3 months and then forget about it.
To have Anthony design a customized eating plan for you click here
http://abfitnesstrainer.com/nutrition.html

Anthony’s Results
Starting Statistics/ Weight/ Pictures (Using typical “dieting” to bulk)
Date: 4/27/2008
Weight: 193lbs
Bodyfat (Based on 9 caliper site): 11.3%
Pounds of Fat: 21.87lbs
Total Muscle: 171lbs



Ending Statistics/ Weight/ Pictures (Using new method of healthy lifestyle eating)
Date: 8/23/2008
Weight 171lbs
Bodyfat (Based on 9 caliper site): 3.1%
Here is my 9 site Body Composition:



Here is a sample of a daily days eating: