Monday, September 29, 2008

9-29-2008 Back, Biceps

The Workout

5 min warmup
Deadlifts- 4-6 Warmup set- **1 main workset** 340lbs for 10 reps (grip started to give out)
Breathing DB Pullover **1 workset**
Pullups- 2 sets of bw + 5 for 8 reps
Barbell Bent Over Row- 2 sets 185lbs for 10 reps
Seated DB Shrugs- 2 sets of 65lbs for 12 reps
EZ-Barbell Curls- 2 sets of 95lbs for 8 reps
Reverse Curls- 2 set of 65lbs for 8 reps
Static Contraction Deadlift- 225lbs held for 30seconds
**Various Rotator Cuff Exercises**

Macros
Pro: 225g
Carbs: 200g
Fat: 60g

Current Supplements
-Creatine -5g
-Xtend (1 scoop PreWO, 2 scoops PWO & 1 scoop btwn meals)
-ALA- 300mg before and after workout
-VasoCharge 2 Scoops Pre-Workout
-Beta-Alanine- 3 grams daily
-Glucosamine- 3 tablets daily
-Fish Oil- 3 tablets daily
-BSN Nitrix- 9 tabs per day
-Calcium, Magnesium & Zinc

Notes
Feels good to be back home, I was very motivated and eager to get back into the gym. The Olympia was great being around guys that were 2-4xs my size was very motivating!
I see a weak link in my chain when it comes to deadlifts and that weaklink is my grip...My grip gives out so much sooner then my body does...so i added reverse curls and Static Contraction Deadlifts, which is basically holding the top of the deadlift for as long as you can...i started light but 225lbs for 30seconds was still hard!
__________________