Monday, June 2, 2008

6/2 Upper Body Power + Anthony's Supplement Lineup

First Day on my Volume Routine. After about 6 weeks strength training i feel as though my body is ready for the increase in Volume. This is what my new routine will look like

Mondays: Upper Body (Re-feed day)
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: Off/HIIT Cardio
Thursday: Chest and Arms (Re-feed Day) I feel that chest and arms are my weakpoint so i used my second re-feed day to try to make improvements on these bodyparts
Friday: Legs Growth Day
Saturday: Back and Shoulders
Sunday: Off/HIIT Cardio


Felt Really Good today...here was my workout

Braced DB Rows
100lb x 5 reps (Bench was alittle to high for this one, felt weird but will keep this exercise in my routine)

Rack Chins (Great Exercise, kind of like a strict pullup)
25lbs x 8 reps

DB Rows on Bench
80 x 10 then Rest Pause for 8 more reps (Definately too easy)

Weighted Hangs
180lbs x 60 sec hang (this was so hard by the last 10 seconds i was holding on with my fingers!)

Standing DB Press
60 x 10 PR! (Last year I was stuck at 55 x 6 reps, so that means i have gotten a lot stronger)

DB Lateral Raise (Good Cheating)
60lbs x 8

Decline Barbell Press
225 x 8 PR (this was really easy considering my previous shoulder injury)

Low Cable Crossovers
3 x 8

Strict DB Curls
45 x 5 (good squeeze on top, burnt like crazy)

Reverse Grip Bench Press
185lbs x 5 PR :D

Concentration Curl on knees
35 x 10

Overhead Cable Extensions
7 x 8

Notes: Awesome pump, i decreased my calories alittle bit in order to keep the fat loss coming along. I have 12 weeks left before my show and I am ahead of the game, i have about 10 more pounds to go before I am stage ready. I don't want to take any chances!!!!!

Current Supplements:
After being emailed several times what supplements I currently take I figure it be a good idea to list it for you guys. I don't take as many supplements as some guys take but i only use what works best for me!

1 Multi-Vitamin
BCAA- 5g between meals, 10g Post workout (one of the best supplements to increase lean body mass and help reduce fat)
3 Fish Oil tablets per day
500mg Calcium with Vitamin D (Calicum is lost when protein intake is high and whenever you flex a muscle your body excretes calicum)
Alpha Lipoic Acid- 300mg Pre-Post Workout, 100mg in the Morning
Creatine- 5g postworkout
Beta Alanine- 2g- 1g Morning, 1g Pre-workout
Vitamin C- 1000mg Post Workout
Whey Protein (i dont really consider this a supplement since it is the most bioavailable source of protein around)

Thats all my supplements....I havent started taken any fat loss supplements yet because i want to save them until i hit a fat loss plateau, but i will post them when i start using them

Take Home Message:
Do you need to purchase these supplements to be successful?
Nope! Supplements are not magic. The supplements don’t make the program work, they only help you to get there! You will still get results without them. Remember people were losing fat and building muscle before whey protein was even around! Your success will be determined by your consistency and focus and not your supplement lineup!! In order to be sucessful you need to have a sound nutrition plan, if you don't you will be just spinning your wheels!

What I suggest to you regarding supplements is to add them in slowly. First get your nutritional program in check, then add one supplement in at a time. This way you can access if that certain supplement works for you. Don't forget some supplements don't work for everyone! Once you find what works for you will save lots of money as well as wasted time!!

Good Luck and hit the gym hard!!!