Thursday, June 5, 2008

6/5 Target Zone Training/ Chest and Arms

Two of my biggest areas i feel i need to improve upon is my Chest and my arms. My chest and my arms have been my biggest weakpoints and are the most stubborn areas of my body that won't grow. Although lately I must admit that my arms are starting to break through. I am starting to notice a big change in my biceps and my triceps :D. I can not wait until i start bulking again so i can reallly put some serious growth on my arms. I don't have bad genetics so i need to carefully monitor my diet in the offseason so that i gain more quality size. I plan on also taking 2 years off after this year of competition to really let myself grow and gain some real size. My chest has made some big improvements since last year as well. i reallly feel that my trick of "pre-exhausting" my chest is really working like a charm!

Today's Workout

Flat Cable Flyes (Pre-Exhaust movement for my chest) (Great burn in the chest, chest felt ready for some bench pressing)
5 x 10 (PR!)

Flat DB Press
100 x 6 (wow! I took for granted how "exhausted" my chest was at this point...i really feel like my experiment is working really well)

Flat DB Chest Busters (New exercise for middle chest development, definately started to light, but got a decent pump from it)
55 x 12

Strict EZ-Barbell Curls
90 x 7 (PR)

Cable Preacher Curl
5 x 15

DB Skullcrushers (held my elbow in tight)
45 x 8 (PR)

Tricep Dips
Bodyweight + 25lbs x 10

Notes: i got the biggest pump today in my arms, they had to have pumped up an inch bigger, couldn't help myself from taking my shirt off in the gym and hitting some poses...Chest pump was fairly decent, but i noticed new veins across my arms :D

80 days left until my first show!!!! 80 more days left of perfect dieting to go!

Take Home Message: Sometimes you might get wrapped in the areas you want to change on your physique, but don't lose sight of the ultimate picture! Everybody has areas that they want to improve upon, but don't forget how far you have come. 2 years ago today i never would have thought i be competing! With a sound Diet and nutritional plan your results are sure to come, just don't fall into old habits that will have you moving backwards!

Til Next time!!!!