Saturday, August 2, 2008

8/2 21days and counting!

Back and Shoulders- Trying to get more Yieldly looking!!

Broomstick twists- 3 min
Wide-grips Pullups- 50 reps total
Wide-Grip Pulldowns- 3 sets of 12 (70lbs)
Hammer Strength Pulldowns- 3 sets of 15 (55per side)
Close-grip Pulldowns- 3 sets of 15 reps (60lbs)
Clean and Press Starting from standing position- 3 sets of 15 reps (just the bar 45lb)
Seated DB Laterals- 2 sets of 12 reps (25lbs)
DB Bent Over Laterals- 2 sets of 12 reps (20lbs)
DB Shrugs- 2 sets of 15 reps (50lbs, nice and light to try and heal up the shoulder)
Rehab Exercises

Notes: Very exciting workout today, I am finally able to do shoulder presses again, i thought that standing clean and press would be a good choice because the tension is not on the shoulder throughout the movement..Shoulders happen to grow fast for me so i guess my delts have been waiting for this moment...as soon as i finished the clean and presses i could instantly feel the blood moving into the area.....SWOLE!!!!!! Other then that i was exhausted this morning...i am talking about beyond zombieness....i was going to take a nap after work and workout later, but before leaving work i stretched and immediately woke up....i hit the gym the same time as usual....im almost at the first stop on my journey to that pro stage!

Injury Notes: Bicep tendon area of my shoulder still gets tight but not so bad.....by the time i hit offseason i should be 100% again
I really believe that this injury is a blessing for me....it really forced me to concentrate of the muscle being worked...this will definately help my physique improve further!!!

Inspiration: I urge everyone to watch this video i posted below (click the link)
Very inspiring story, Whenever i get down i will definately think of this to instantly pick myself back up!
Video of Stevie Zee
http://www.myfitnesschannel.com/videos.asp